In this training, WIC staff will practice use of critical thinking skills to identify and prioritize participant assessment, education and counseling information into clear and concise notes. WIC staff will build rationale for the importance of note taking for all participants, understand how this methodology will assist in the establishment of rapport, and be able to discuss all methods of note writing reviewed with colleagues back at the LA to determine and decide on a standardized method for all.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Build a rationale for the importance of note taking as the key to continuity of care and participant engagement
- Demonstrate use of critical thinking skills and their importance in note taking
- Review the SOAP and Nutrition Care Process (NCP) note writing methods and explore using the key components of each as the Cornerstones of good note writing
- Understand the importance of establishing standardized note writing procedure within the local agency
- Practice reading and writing clear, concise notes to promote continuity of care
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, Qualified Nutritionists, CPA+, CPA, Breastfeeding Coordinators, DOH Staff
Continuing Education: 6 CPEUs, (Level 2) 6 CEUs
• Doors will open and sign-in will begin 30 minutes before the training start time.
• Participants that arrive at training by 9:30 AM (or 30 minutes after the official training start time) can make the decision to stay for the training and will receive a certificate of attendance.
• At 9:31 AM (or 31 minutes after the official training start time) the door will be closed and all late participants will be asked to reschedule.
• For your comfort, you may wish to bring a jacket or shawl to the training as it is often difficult to control the temperature in the meeting rooms.
• *If you are pumping and need a lactation space for this off-site training please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to request one or call 518-724-2801, so I may reserve one for you
• Please note that no food or beverage will be provided