Join us for this one-day training to learn the many aspects of what is required when performing an income assessment/reassessment. Staff who attend will get practice with case studies that will require application of their critical thinking skills. Writing notes, preparing participants for future appointments, increasing comfort level when denying eligibility and making referrals will also be covered.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify proper procedures for conducting an income assessment and reassessment
- Write brief notes which document the details of an income assessment and reassessment
- List tips to prepare participants for future WIC appointments
- Increase comfort level when denying participants for WIC
- Provide and document appropriate referrals
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA, Nutrition Assistants, Clerical/Support Staff, DOH Staff
Continuing Education: 6 CPEUs, 0 CEUs
• Doors will open and sign-in will begin 30 minutes before the training start time.
• Participants that arrive at training by 9:30 AM (or 30 minutes after the official training start time) can make the decision to stay for the training and will receive a certificate of attendance.
• At 9:31 AM (or 31 minutes after the official training start time) the door will be closed and all late participants will be asked to reschedule.
• For your comfort, you may wish to bring a jacket or shawl to the training as it is often difficult to control the temperature in the meeting rooms.
• *If you are pumping and need a lactation space for this off-site training please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to request one or call 518-724-2801, so I may reserve one for you
• Please note that no food or beverage will be provided