In this training, the QN/CPA will explore the rationale and skills required to conduct a Participant-Centered Nutrition Assessment (PCNA). Strategies and techniques that can be used to engage WIC participants while gathering important mandatory and relevant nutrition and health information will be discussed. Trainees will have the opportunity to sharpen their skills through case studies and practice conducting a PCNA.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the rationale for conducting a PCNA
- Demonstrate how to develop rapport to elicit mandatory and relevant information necessary for a nutrition assessment in a participant-centered manner
- Identify and practice at least three communication techniques used to ensure a PCNA
- List the elements to providing nutrition education and counseling
- Describe how to provide education in a participant-centered manner, based on information gathered in the nutrition assessment
- Apply skills to sensitively educate participants on issues and risks
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA, DOH Staff
Continuing Education: 12 CPEUs (Level 2), 12 CEUs
• Doors will open and sign-in will begin 30 minutes before the training start time.
• Participants that arrive at training by 9:30 AM (or 30 minutes after the official training start time) can make the decision to stay for the training and will receive a certificate of attendance.
• At 9:31 AM (or 31 minutes after the official training start time) the door will be closed and all late participants will be asked to reschedule.
• For your comfort, you may wish to bring a jacket or shawl to the training as it is often difficult to control the temperature in the meeting rooms.
• Please bring a state issued photo ID to enter the building
• Participants must attend all days of a multiple day training in order to receive a certificate of attendance and continuing education credits. If a participant is not able to fulfill this requirement they will need to re-register and re-take the program in its entirety.
• Please note that no food or beverage will be provided