Within the WIC Program, there are a variety of managers and staff who have the responsibility for providing supervision, oversight and coaching to direct line staff. This training will provide participants with skills to provide effective supervision and explore how this is a direct link to a quality program. Participants will explore characteristics of effective supervision, supervisory competencies, providing feedback, coaching and observing staff through a quality lens. In addition, participants will explore how to build trust with staff in a manner that supports the supervisory structure and results in high motivation and engagement of staff.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define supervision, its competencies, and build a rationale for the connection to quality
- Describe the characteristics of an effective vs ineffective supervisor
- Explore personal attitudes and beliefs related to supervision
- Define and practice strategies for coaching and providing “difficult” feedback to employees
- List the opportunities to monitor and observe staff in their work
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, VMA Directors, Breastfeeding Coordinators, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Coordinators, Site Supervisors, Nutrition Coordinators, DOH Staff.
Continuing Education: 6 CPEUS, (Level 2) 6 CEUs
• Doors will open and sign-in will begin 30 minutes before the training start time.
• Participants that arrive at training by 9:30 AM (or 30 minutes after the official training start time) can make the decision to stay for the training and will receive a certificate of attendance.
• At 9:31 AM (or 31 minutes after the official training start time) the door will be closed and all late participants will be asked to reschedule.
• For your comfort, you may wish to bring a jacket or shawl to the training as it is often difficult to control the temperature in the meeting rooms.
• *If you are pumping and need a lactation space for this off-site training please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to request one or call 518-724-2801, so I may reserve one for you
• Please note that no food or beverage will be provided