Research proves exclusive breastfeeding results in positive health outcomes for mothers and their infants yet far too many breastfeeding infants receive supplementation. WIC is committed to supporting exclusive breastfeeding and reversing this trend. This training will help the CPA understand their vital role in supporting a breastfeeding mother and will practice counselling skills while using the breastfeeding assessment tool.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Define exclusive breastfeeding
- Explain the importance of exclusive breastfeeding
- Use the breastfeeding assessment tool to support discussions with moms around exclusive breastfeeding
- Use core counseling skills when talking to moms about exclusive breastfeeding
- List tips for helping mothers reach the goal of exclusive breastfeeding
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA, Breastfeeding Coordinators, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Coordinators, DOH Staff
Continuing Education: 6 CPEUs, 6 CEUs, 6 LCERPs
• Doors will open and sign-in will begin 30 minutes before the training start time.
• Participants that arrive at training by 9:30 AM (or 30 minutes after the official training start time) can make the decision to stay for the training and will receive a certificate of attendance.
• At 9:31 AM (or 31 minutes after the official training start time) the door will be closed and all late participants will be asked to reschedule.
• For your comfort, you may wish to bring a jacket or shawl to the training as it is often difficult to control the temperature in the meeting rooms.
• Please bring a state issued photo ID to enter the building
• Please note that no food or beverage will be provided