WIC plays an important role in ensuring that appropriate formulas are issued to participants. Enhanced collaboration between WIC staff and health care providers is essential for making appropriate recommendations and providing the best services to WIC participants. This training will work to build the nutritionist’s skills and confidence in assessing a feeding, using professional judgment when making recommendations to health care providers, and reviewing Medical Documentation requests for exempt formulas.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Summarize indicated uses for WIC contract and exempt formulas
- Identify a correctly completed medical documentation form
- Use critical thinking to identify if condition matches the formula prescribed
- Demonstrate skills in assessing feedings
- Examine their role in exercising professional judgment when approving or disapproving exempt formulas for WIC participants
Prerequisite: Before attending this training, the Basic Formula and Feeding Training module on the WIC Library should be completed.
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA, DOH Staff
Continuing Education: 6 CPEUs, 6 CEUs
• Doors will open and sign-in will begin 30 minutes before the training start time.
• Participants that arrive at training by 9:30 AM (or 30 minutes after the official training start time) can make the decision to stay for the training and will receive a certificate of attendance.
• At 9:31 AM (or 31 minutes after the official training start time) the door will be closed and all late participants will be asked to reschedule.
• For your comfort, you may wish to bring a jacket or shawl to the training as it is often difficult to control the temperature in the meeting rooms.
• *If you are pumping and need a lactation space for this off-site training please e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to request one or call 518-724-2801, so I may reserve one for you
• Please note that no food or beverage will be provided