This full-day program reviews the types of trusts most often encountered in Medicaid caseloads. Definition of common trust terms, the role of trustee and his/her discretion, treatment of trusts where the Applicant/Recipient (A/R) is grantor and/or beneficiary, Medicaid Qualifying trusts, Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) ’93 trusts, and Exception and Supplemental Needs Trusts will be discussed.
As a result of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identifying types of Trusts funds
- Distinguish the difference between MQT’s and OBRA 93 Trusts
- Distinguish the difference between Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Distinguish the difference between individual Exception Trusts and Pooled Exception Trusts
- Determine countable income/resources of Trusts