This full-day program reviews the documentation requirements for New York State Medical Assistance Programs. Factors of eligibility that must be documented and those that do not need to be documented are discussed. In addition, Citizenship/Identity policies regarding primary documents and other acceptable levels of documentation are explored. A discussion regarding the Renewal Simplification and Financial Maintenance policies is also included.
- Understand the documentation policy for Medicaid applicants and recipients who apply through LDSS
- Differentiate the facts of eligibility that must be verified vs. those that do not require verification
- Understand the citizenship and identity verification requirements
- Identify which documents are acceptable forms of verification
- Recognize applications and/ or renewals which will require clarification of financial requirements