This full-day program reviews deeming and allocation, Spouse-to-Spouse deeming (i.e. eligibility for Supplemental Security Incomes (SSI)-Related adults) and Parent-to-Child deeming (i.e. eligibility for SSI- Related children). The focus will be on the income budgeting and manual Medicaid Eligibility Budgeting Logic (MBL) budgets also will be used in the review. A brief review of the Medicaid Buy-In Program for Working People with Disabilities (MBI-WPD) will also be included.
As a result of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify allowable income exemptions and disregards for persons eligible for SSI-related Community budgeting
- Understand the household size policy for SSI-Related Community budgeting
- Describe the Allocation and Deeming Process of the SSI-Related Budgeting Process
- Identify the appropriate MABEL codes needed for an SSI-Related Community Budget
- Demonstrate how MABEL calculates income eligibility for SSI-Related Community Budgets
*Please note: Participants will enter the building at Entrance #1, which is at the back of the parking lot. There will be signs in the lobby and next to the training room when they enter, directing them where to go.