This full-day program reviews resources most commonly found in Chronic Care cases, including stocks, bonds, and brokerage accounts. A method for tracking assets moved from one investment instrument to another (selling stock in one brokerage account, moving the resulting funds to a bank account or re- investing the money into other stocks or bonds) will be reviewed for use in identifying transfers during the look-back period. Treatment of Retirement Funds and Annuities as an income or a resource is covered as well as Income Producing Property. Life Insurance, Burial Funds and Irrevocable Pre-Need Funeral Agreements will also be reviewed.
As a result of the training, participants will be able to:
- Interpret SSI-Related policies related to proper sequence to be used in the assessment of burial funds and space items as resources
- Determine the value of an annuity
- Distinguish between the treatment of an annuity with transactions before and after DRA legislation
- Track and assess a variety of resources for possible transfer
- Evaluate types and values of resources, including life insurance, burial funds, stocks, bonds, and mutual funds