This full-day presentation will encompass all the processes involved with determining whether a Medicaid applicant/recipient’s health insurance is cost effective and how to create and authorize health insurance payments using the eMedNY HIPP/MIPP application. An explanation for creating new HIPP/MIPP payees, third party policies, writing and authorizing payments is included. Various MOBIUS reports related to these processes will also be discussed.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Review Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP)/Medicare Insurance Premium Payment (MIPP)
- Distinguish the functions of the new eMedNY system including creating payees, policies and payments
- Demonstrate how to navigate the eMedNY site
- Indicate which programs require a cost analysis and how to complete one using the eMedNY system
- Understand the various MOBIUS reports and identify required follow-up actions