Income Assessment and Reassessment for Staff Who Determine Income Eligibility
This three-hour remote training will explain the many aspects of what is required when performing a WIC income assessment/reassessment utilizing participant-centered services. Staff who attend will increase their knowledge when determining income eligibility for WIC participants by practicing with case studies and activities that require application of their critical thinking skills.
Please note that for this Virtual Training you will need:
- Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Camera (please have your camera turned on, we’d love to see you like we would in a Face to Face training).
- The ability to open PDF’s
- You can download the Free Adobe Reader here.
- Pencil and Paper
You will be given a Zoom link to join the training; this link cannot be shared. All participants must register individually for training.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify proper procedures for conducting an income assessment and reassessment
- Write brief notes which document the details of an income assessment and reassessment
- List tips to prepare participants for future WIC appointments
- Increase comfort level when denying participants eligibility for WIC
- Provide and document appropriate referrals
Target Audience: WIC Coordinator, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA, Nutrition Assistant, Clerical/Support Staff, Nutrition Coordinator, Site Supervisor, NYS DOH Staff
Continuing Education: 3 CPEUs, 0 CEUs