Building Continuity of Care: Critical Thinking and Note Writing
In this training, WIC staff will practice use of critical thinking skills to identify and prioritize participant assessment, education and counseling information into clear and concise notes. WIC staff will build rationale for the importance of note taking for all participants, understand how this methodology will assist in the establishment of rapport, and be able to discuss all methods of note writing reviewed with colleagues back at the LA to determine and decide on a standardized method for all.
Please note that for this Virtual Training you will need:
- Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Camera (please have your camera turned on, we’d love to see you like we would in a Face to Face training).
- The ability to open PDF’s
- You can download the Free Adobe Reader here.
- Pencil and Paper
You will be given a Zoom link to join the training; this link cannot be shared. All participants must register individually for training.
By the end of this training, trainees will be able to:
- Build a rationale for the importance of note taking as the key to continuity of care and participant engagement
- Demonstrate use of critical thinking skills and their importance in note taking
- Review the SOAP and Nutrition Care Process (NCP) note writing methods and explore using the key components of each as the Cornerstones of good note writing
- Understand the importance of establishing standardized note writing procedure within the local agency
- Practice reading and writing clear, concise notes to promote continuity of care
Target Audience: WIC Coordinator, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA+, CPA, Breastfeeding Coordinator, Nutrition Coordinator, Site Supervisor, NYS DOH Staff
Continuing Education: 3 CPEUs, (Level 2) 3 CEUs