Breastfeeding Best Practices: You Can Do It WIC Can Help!
To provide WIC Staff with a solid foundation of the NYS WIC 2014 Breastfeeding Learning Community “You Can Do It/WIC Can Help” initiative for the purpose of improving exclusive breastfeeding rates among WIC participants.
Please note that for this Virtual Training you will need:
- Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Camera (please have your camera turned on, we’d love to see you like we would in a Face to Face training).
- The ability to open PDF’s
- You can download the Free Adobe Reader here.
- Pencil and Paper
You will be given a Zoom link to join the training; this link cannot be shared. All participants must register individually for training.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the intervention “You Can Do It/WIC Can Help” that promotes exclusive breastfeeding
- Demonstrate skills in administering and scoring the BAPT tool
- Demonstrate skills utilizing the results of the BAPT for targeted counseling and case conferencing
- Identify strategies to conduct a targeted group discussion
Target Audience: WIC Coordinator, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA, Breastfeeding Coordinator, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Coordinator, Designated Breastfeeding Expert, Nutrition Coordinator, Site Supervisor, NYS DOH Staff
Continuing Education: 3 CPEUs, 3 CEUs