WIC plays an important role in ensuring that appropriate formulas are issued to participants. Enhanced collaboration between WIC staff and health care providers is essential for making appropriate recommendations and providing the best services to WIC participants. This training will work to build the nutritionist’s skills and confidence in assessing a feeding, using professional judgment when making recommendations to health care providers, and reviewing Medical Documentation requests for exempt formulas.
Please note that for this Virtual Training you will need:
- Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Camera (please have your camera turned on, we’d love to see you like we would in a Face to Face training).
- The ability to open PDF’s
- You can download the Free Adobe Reader here.
- Pencil and Paper
You will be given a Zoom link to join the training; this link cannot be shared. All participants must register individually for training.
Objectives: By the end of this training, trainees will be able to:
- Summarize indicated uses for WIC contract and exempt formulas
- Identify a correctly completed medical documentation form
- Use critical thinking to identify if condition matches the formula prescribed
- Discuss skills in assessing feedings
- Examine their role in exercising professional judgment when approving or disapproving exempt formulas for WIC participants
WIC Coordinators, Nutrition Coordinators, Qualified Nutritionists, CPA+s, CPAs
Continuing Education: 3 CEUs, 3 CPEUs